Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Storm Coming + A Painting from Sandi

In Manitoba we had our first Feb. holiday called Louis Riel Day. This long weekend brought a special gift, my daughter, Sandi, and her husband, Clayton, it was a great long weekend.


Sandi and I decided to paint a picture, we also decided that we would use an old canvas that had a awful looking painting on it (my beginnings which were even worse then what you are seeing now) and cover it with black gesso, then play with the oil paints and paint whatever we wanted.

I will show you Sandi's painting and then scroll and see mine, we were not trying to do the same one we were each playing with the oil paints.



this is Sandi's 5th painting that she has ever painted, which is sooooo much better then the ones that I do, but then she has a natural talent for being creative






and here is mine





1 comment:

Sandi Berg said...

I think yours looks way more realistic than mine does!

I definately had an awesome teacher!!!!

----The bratty daughter----